|Audition & Registration Information
1. Current NCDC Ambassadors do not need to audition. You must turn in the application by April 1st, 2017
2. All applicants both current NCDC students and students coming from other schools must download and complete the Application and Release Form.
3. The 3 week intensive for ages 11+ requires an audition. Call (916) 791-2061 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an in-person audition.
Submit the completed Application Form and audition fee of $25 to the NCDC Front Office at the time of your audition. Notification of your acceptance will be sent within 5 business days of your audition class. Unless otherwise notified, your credit card will be charged according to the payment schedule you selected on the Application Form.
If you cannot attend an in-person audition, a videotaped audition may be submitted. Please submit the Application Form with the $20 Audition Fee with your DVD. NCDC will notify you of your placement within 5 days of receipt of your DVD via email.
The DVD submission should include the following:
- A brief close-up shot of the dancer (face or body), in which the dancer clearly states his or her name, age, and a brief history of previous dance training
- Technique Section (to musical accompaniment)
- Grand Adagio with développés in each position, promenades, and pirouettes
- Petit Allegro, including jumps on two feet, jetés, temps levés, assemblés, and beats
- Grand Allegro including grand jetés and tour jetés, and either balancés or waltzes
- MEN: Simple tour en l’air exercise and multiple pirouette combination
- WOMEN: Pointe work including pirouettes, relevés on two legs and repeated relevés on one leg, and turns executed on the diagonal.
For out-of-town students, lodging is available at the Hyatt Place & Courtyard Marriott or from local host families. For more information, please call the NCDC office at (916) 791-2061.